Breakfast at Our Finger Lakes B&B Inn
Fresh brewed coffee is served at 8:00 a.m. Breakfast is served at 9:00 a.m., and includes fresh coffee and tea, juices, baked goods such as muffins and scones made at our inn, seasonal fresh fruit, yogurt, assorted cereals, a breakfast meat and a hot entrée such as Baked Eggs in a Nest, Stuffed French Toast with Fruit Compote, Breakfast Corn Chowder with Poached Eggs, or Fontina and Herb Charlotte. Please let us know of any dietary needs or restrictions when you book your reservation so that we may serve you a delicious breakfast. If your planned activity or travel arrangements get you out early and you are not able to join us for breakfast, please let us know before 7 p.m. the night before and we will prepare for you a bagged “on the go” breakfast to take with you.
An afternoon social hour is held each day from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m., during which guests will mingle and enjoy a beverage and fruit and cheese or an appetizer.
Policies at Our Finger Lakes Bed & Breakfast
Sutherland House’s Finger Lakes bed & breakfast, is a quiet escape and romantic getaway for most of our guests, and we work hard to foster that environment. For the enjoyment of all guests, children age 16 and above are welcome at any time. When the entire inn is booked for special events, such as weddings, family reunions, etc., children of all ages may be included.
- A maximum of two (2) guests , including children age 16 and older, can be accommodated in all of our rooms, with the exception of the Parker House Suite and Lillian’s Loft. A maximum of four (4) guests, including children age 16 and older, can be accommodated in the Parker House Suite. A maximum of three (3) guests, including children age 16 and older, can be accommodated in Lillian’s Loft.
- In consideration of others, we ask that all tobacco use occur only in designated areas, and that all butts be discarded in the receptacles for this use. Smoking is not permitted inside the inn at any time. In the event this policy is violated, the guest will be required to leave the property, no refund will be provided, and the guest will be charged a $100 cleaning fee.
- We are unable to accommodate any pets.
- Check in between 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Check out by 11:00 a.m. Should your travel arrangements bring you to the area earlier than check-in-time, please feel free to call and we will determine if your room is ready for an early check-in. In the event you plan to arrive later than 6:00 p.m., let us know and we will make arrangements to accommodate your arrival time. Please also call and let us know if you are running late.
- A valid ID will be required when you check in.
- No candles or incense are permitted in the guest rooms.
- Breakfast is included in your room rate. Guests are welcome to invite friends or family to join them for breakfast, provided there is sufficient seating. A $20 charge per person will be added to the guest’s account. Please make advance arrangements with the Innkeeper.
- This property is a historic property furnished with antiques. Guests will be charged to repair any damages beyond normal wear and tear they cause to the premises or to room amenities.
Reservations at Sutherland House B&B in Canandaigua
- Advance reservations are recommended so that you are able to visit us on your preferred date and stay in your preferred guest room. A two night minimum is required on weekends (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) from May 15st through November 1st and on certain holidays. Please contact the Innkeeper directly for LAST MINUTE AVALABILITY.
- A valid Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express Credit Card number and expiration date are required to secure a reservation until arrival. A deposit equal to a single night’s stay and applicable sales tax will be charged upon making a reservation. The remainder of your room charges, along with applicable sales tax, will be due upon check-out. Payment by check or cash is due within 5 days of booking and no less than 14 days prior to arrival. Contact the Innkeeper for payment by cash or check for last minute availability.
- Sutherland House is a small Bed and Breakfast with only five guest rooms and frequently have to turn away other interested guests. We also make many preparations, including purchases and scheduling staff, based upon reservations. We understand that sometimes plans unexpectedly change. In order to provide our guests with the best experience possible, please carefully read the following cancellation policy:
- If your plans change after your reservation is confirmed, cancellation notice is required 14 days in advance (not including your day of arrival). In that event, we will refund your credit card in the full amount minus a $25 cancellation fee, per room reserved. The $25 cancellation fee also applies to changes in your arrival/departure date that result in a shorter stay.
- Reservations cancelled less than 14 days prior to your arrival date will be charged in full, unless we are able to re-book your room with another party. We will make every effort to re-book your room and will refund any rooms we are able to re-book minus a $25 cancellation fee per room reserved.
- You must email us your cancellation request or contact the Innkeeper by phone. Your cancellation is not confirmed until you received a cancellation confirmation number from us.
- Cancellation of a reservation for three (3) or more rooms requires a 30 day cancellation notice.
- Reservations paid for with gift certificates are subject to the same cancellation policy and MUST be booked by phone.
- Please let us know in advance if you have any dietary restrictions when you book your reservations.
- Sutherland House cannot accept responsibility of changes in travel plans, personal illness or injury, family emergencies, inclement weather, etc. We highly encourage guests to consider outside trip insurance from a company such as AAA or TravelGuard in the event an emergency impedes your travel plans. All cancelled reservations, regardless of notice or reason, will be charged a $25 minimum cancellation fee. No refunds are provided for late arrivals, early departures, or no-shows.
- Guest information is collected for the purpose of processing your reservation. Your information is kept confidential and is not shared.
- Book Now!